Sunday, March 6, 2011

small daily goals for this sickie girl

So last weekend I went to the library and I checked out mad amounts of books. You can tell if I'm not feeling well, because I check out way more in anticipation of huddling in my house and not leaving. However, there are usually too many distractions, and I'm not able to focus like I would like to.

Right now I am reading The Tower, The Zoo, and The Tortoise by Julia Stuart, and it is quite cute. It's about an eccentric cast of characters who live and work in the Tower of London, and I have been reading it for a full week! That is terrible for me! So my biggest goal for today is to finish that book.

I have three books I need to return, and then I have to wade through In the Time of the Girls by Anne Germanacos, The Three Fates by Linda Le, Citrus County by John Brandon, Enough About Love by Herve Le Tellier, Little Green by Loretta Stinson, and Orion You Came and You Took All My Marbles by Kira Henehan. I'm feeling the pressure!

I usually get a lot of reading done at work, but lately I've been listening to a lot of audio books, so that's cutting into my actual reading time. I just listened to The Replacement, Wintergirls, and have just started Water for Elephants. The first two were YA, and they were okay. I am REALLY enjoying Water for Elephants, though. My boss is reading it as well, so I'm gonna enjoy talking about it with her at work on Monday.

Anyway, like I said, my goal for today is to finish my current book, and I'd like to make some substantial headway into the next one as well. Man, I wish I could just not work, and read for a living!

No comments:

Post a Comment