Sunday, March 6, 2011

The beginnings of a thought forming....

I have been sick lately, and it's totally messed with my sleeping patterns! I slept literally all day yesterday, before we tried to check into the Urgent Care to see WTF was wrong with me. Unfortunately, Urgent Care had closed 50 minutes prior, so we went out to my mom's place instead, so she could give me some pain relievers to get me through the weekend. ('Twas a migraine, I think.)

Anyway, having slept until 5pm made sleeping through the night a challenge, so sometime during the middle of the night I found myself online, checking my reader to see what my fellow bloggers had to say. And I found a guest post on C. Jane that bothered me quite a bit, actually.

I have a Gay Brother. I capitalize that, because when talking about him I either refer to him as my Other Brother or my Gay Brother. It's kind of our thing. Either way, I tease him often, but he is my brother, and he is gay, and I love him. And I do not believe he is an abomination. And for the record, I am a Christian, and I absolutely believe he was born that way.

Anyway, it was a post written by a gay Mormon man who blogs, and for some reason it bothered me. I still have to think a bit, and probably read some more, before I can fully articulate why exactly it bothers me. To say anything else at this point would probably be unfair on my part.

Brother (otherwise known as my Marine Brother) has told us we can expect him to be headed stateside very soon. I can not wait to know he is safe on US soil. And that is all I have to say about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment