Sunday, April 24, 2011

Holy Moly!

It feels like this month has just FLOWN BY! Nothing supremely exciting has happened, but I've just been so busy lately that I can't believe we're going to heading into May pretty soon!

I told R that I've been seeing someone new this month, and that was nice. It makes it easier to talk to him, because I don't feel like I'm keeping secrets.

J spent the first portion of this month working in Blaine, WA, which is apparently next door to Canada. This meant that he stayed in a hotel up there for about a week and a half. This sucked for a couple of reasons. I was lonely, and also was without a cell phone, which was... inconvenient.

One kinda funny story, though, from his time away. He was looking for a grocery store after work to grab a pizza to take back to the hotel, and he did a search in his GPS for the nearest one. There was a Safeway about ten miles away, so off he went. It wasn't until he was stuck on a one way highway with no exit available that he realized the GPS was taking him to Canada! Haha, he had to talk his way through border patrol, only to turn around a wait half an hour to come back into the US. And he doesn't even have a passport! Insane....

Brother has gone back to San Diego, and is working out his final months in the Marine Corps. Other than that, this month has mostly been for working.

J did get a pleasant surprise on his return home from Blaine. He was taken off of one of the work crews (he works for a company that brings crawl spaces up to code), and now he is training to do free estimates, which pays better and is just overall a better opportunity. So that is exciting.

Eep! I just looked at the clock! Time for bed, for sure. I hope you all had a wonderful Easter!

No comments:

Post a Comment